The DD4 EzRaid eSATA is the easiest way to ensure you always have an up-to-the minute backup copy of your SATA hard drive. It is an External SATA two-drive RAID 1 enclosure with two removable key-lock protected drive caddies. Drives can be easily accessed and removed for safe keeping or swapped out and replaced. One touch setup and operation gives even the most non-technical users access to the complete redundancy of RAID1 disk mirroring. The stand alone DD4 EzRaid eSATA provides hot swap functionality. This means that when a new drive is inserted to replace a failed drive, the DD4 EzRaid eSATA Raid enclosure simply notifies the user (by audible and visual alarm) and automatically begins to transfer data to the new drive to establish a new mirror. This data transfer will take place in the background and the SATA drive mirroring will not interfere with the operation or use of the existing drive.
Operate the unit with the easy to use front panel LCD or via the included Windows or Linux management software. The DD4 EzRaid eSATA requires no drivers or TSRs and supports all operating systems out of the box. There's never a need to upgrade drivers resulting from OS changes.
NO eSATA PORT REQUIRED.
With the DD4 EzRaid eSATA, you do not require an external SATA port on your computer to enjoy SATA RAID 1 disk mirroring. If your computer does not have on-board eSATA, you can use the provided eSATA-to-SATA cable connector to easily connect the DD4 EzRaid eSATA. Simply install the provided bracket into any external adapter opening in the back of the computer (does not require a card slot, simply an opening). Then attach the SATA cable to an internal SATA port on your motherboard and the eSATA cable to your DD4 EzRaid eSATA.
The Dual Swap+ is firmware flash upgradeable and RoHS compliant. A Windows management utility is provided for those who wish to use it.
- Operating system and platform independent
- External SATA (eSATA) RAID 1 enclosure resides outside of the computer
- Easy to use front panel LCD
- Complete front panel RAID mirroring setup
- Hot swappable, stand-alone external device with eSATA port
- Enclosure with compact dimensions & a built-in universal power supply
- “Lock” position prevents unauthorized access
- No BUS slot required
- No need for IRQs, TSRs or device drivers
- Supports all SATA hard disk drives
- Supports drives up to 144 petabytes (48 bit LBA)
- Available in Black
- Additional hot swap caddies available
- Quick and easy installation
- Support for mixed (dissimilar) drives
- eSATA is up to 6 times faster then existing external USB 2.0 & 1394 interface
- Data saves sent to both drives simultaneously
- Mirrored drives are both bootable
- If one drive fails, the remaining drive assumes control
- Readily accessible front panel alerts: audible alarm and visual LEDs
- Easy-to-use Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista/Win7 Management Utility
- True background under Windows
- Available mirroring utility for non-Windows systems
- 100% data redundancy
||Voltage 5V DC (+/- 5%)|
Current 450ma operating, 600ma peak
||Length: 11.45 Inch / 29.1 cm|
Width: 7.0 Inch / 17.8 cm
Height: 6.67 Inch / 16.9 cm
||Temperature: Operation Mode: 0°C - 40°C |
Non-operation Mode:-20°C to 70°C
Operation Mode: 5 to 87% non-condensing
Non-operation Mode: 5 to 95% non-condensing
||MIL-HDBK-217 = 580,383 hours|
Bellcore rating = 2,695,418 hours
||FCC class B certification|